Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Birthday plus - our youngest is ONE!

on his first bday
Big news (that's not news to some) - Jordan is one! AND he took his first steps solo today! There are big things happening in the world for this guy. Steve and I went to Heeman's garden centre this afternoon and Jordan was fascinated by, well, pretty much everything; all of the plants, the people and.... the watering can tower. He was clearly so taken with it that he just walked there! I'd say it was a three step shuffle and he did it a few times - after I called Steve over to have a gawk. Apparently he repeated his new trick at home this afternoon, so the full-blown walking business isn't waiting too far in our future. We had a great birthday day last week, and Jordan enjoyed (sort of - not) an audience of Grandma and Gramps, Liz, Sandra and Bruce, and Hendrik, Alana, Steve and I while he figured out what to do with his birthday cupcake. He massaged and prodded and poked at it before he figured out that it was edible and delicious, and then he went to town. He was spoiled with gifts and showered with lots of love... 'twas a great day!

Alana has been dressing us up with Liz's costume jewellery - so fun :)
babe!
speeding through the woods
I took the kids up to Weldon Park in Arva on Sunday (Monday?) - Monday afternoon, and despite some cranky reluctance, Hendrik and Alana had SO MUCH FUN. They ran around, explored, played at the playground, and hunted for frogs with some other kids that were outfitted with a bucket and three nets. (I loved watching this part - my two approaching the other older kids (by a year or two)  and asking to borrow their stuff; and then, the interactions.... "there! come there's one over here!" etc.). Steve was a bit under the weather this weekend, but thankfully we had nothing planned for the long weekend. I went for a long bike ride (loved it!) and run on Monday, we went swimming on Sunday morning, and Saturday morning Alana and I played baseball in the backyard while Hendrik and Steve were at T-Ball (Jordan was napping). The kids were happy to be back at school today, and here I am getting a blog up, FINALLY. I know there's more to write about (like how our Vancouver trip is coming up soon) but the hockey sounds exciting and it's almost my bedtime (and I am T-I-R-E-D). Until next time!

running around in weldon park
jordan's own cat-stuffy... he loved it! and loved the card too 
alana and hendrik gave jordan bath toys for his bday - gifts that keep giving to all :)
figuring out how to cram cake in his face!

No comments: